Thursday, October 13, 2005

October 14, 2005

Psalms 32:6.
Therefore, let everyone who is godly pray to You in a time when You may be found; Surely in a flood of great waters they will not reach him.

Father, I praise you for your protection and care for us. Thank you that you are a God that the winds and rain obey. I praise you for the promise that some day all things in heaven, in earth and below the earth will bow down to you.

Lord, I don’t understand why you allow earthquakes, floods and hurricanes. But your word states that ‘wicked weather’ will increase as it gets closer to your coming. I don’t understand that either, but I look forward to it.

Use whatever you bring in our lives whether it is catastrophic or minor to bring us to prayer. Use the words of children or the smile of an elderly person to draw us to you. Even bring us to pray for understanding.

So often you are the last person we think about – but Lord I’m asking you today that you make Sun Grove a church of prayer. Teach the pastors, the youth directors, the small group leaders, the elders to pray.

Teach moms and dads to pray for their children. Teach children to pray for their parents and siblings. Build the faith of boys and girls as they seek you and they see their prayers be answered. Open our eyes to see your hand moving in our lives.

Teach us to pray and trust you with our finances. Teach us to pray and trust you with our relationships. Open our eyes so that we can see your answers. Heal our ears so we can hear your words.

Teach us to ask specifically so we can see your answers. Give us faith to accept that your answers are the best.

In the all Powerful name of Jesus,
amen