August 15,2005
Isaiah 40:31
Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
Thank you, Lord for the strength and encouragement that you give us. Thank you for giving us what we need to get the jobs you have for us done. Thank you that you move at just the right time. Forgive for the times we do not wait on you. Forgive for the times we plot and finagle to get our own way. Teach us how to wait on you.
Thank you, Father for the Elder board. Thank you for these special men and their families. Thank you for their willingness to serve you in this way. Teach them how to be good fathers and husbands. Anoint them as leaders in their families and at work. Allow yourself to be seen in their lives.
Teach them to seek your face and to wait on you. Give them a spirit of unity. Lord, I don’t ask that you make them all agree because I know that you bring things to them that have different solutions and needs. But I ask that you give them cohesiveness and a blending of their uniqueness to bring about the answers that most honor you.
Protect them in their relationships. Guard them against discouragement or weariness. Protect them and their families. Give them wisdom in parenting and strengthen their marriage relationship. Protect them during their work days that they can live honorably and peacefully.
I praise you for the way you care about the details of our lives. I praise you for the strength that is ours for the asking.
In Christ’s name,
Amen
Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
Thank you, Lord for the strength and encouragement that you give us. Thank you for giving us what we need to get the jobs you have for us done. Thank you that you move at just the right time. Forgive for the times we do not wait on you. Forgive for the times we plot and finagle to get our own way. Teach us how to wait on you.
Thank you, Father for the Elder board. Thank you for these special men and their families. Thank you for their willingness to serve you in this way. Teach them how to be good fathers and husbands. Anoint them as leaders in their families and at work. Allow yourself to be seen in their lives.
Teach them to seek your face and to wait on you. Give them a spirit of unity. Lord, I don’t ask that you make them all agree because I know that you bring things to them that have different solutions and needs. But I ask that you give them cohesiveness and a blending of their uniqueness to bring about the answers that most honor you.
Protect them in their relationships. Guard them against discouragement or weariness. Protect them and their families. Give them wisdom in parenting and strengthen their marriage relationship. Protect them during their work days that they can live honorably and peacefully.
I praise you for the way you care about the details of our lives. I praise you for the strength that is ours for the asking.
In Christ’s name,
Amen

<< Home