August 6, 2005
2 Thessalonians :4-5
We have confidence in the Lord concerning you, that you are doing and will continue to do what we command.
May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ.
Father, I praise you for your steadfastness. Thank you for being holy, pure and true. Thanks that you never stop being the way you are. Forgive us for the times when we aren’t steadfast in doing the things that are right. Forgive us for the good things that we know that we should be doing and don’t (whatever the excuse we give). Bring us to the place where we acknowledge your righteousness and strive to follow your commands.
Lord, I lift up the singles at Sun Grove. Thank you for their lives. Thank you that you know them and that you created them just the way they are. Thank you for the freedom that they have to serve you with their time. Help them not fill up their time with fruitless activities and distractions, but rather help them to find good things – Godly things to be filling their lives with.
I lift up the singles of Elk Grove and our community. It is so easy to feel lonely and to seek unworthy activities. Use that lonely feeling to draw them to you. Open doors for the singles ministry. Draw seekers as well as believers to want to be involved. I lift up the new leaders that you have for the ministry. I don’t know if there is any one that has come forward to lead the ministry or if you are just working in their hearts to bring them up as leaders. But I pray for them. Let those leaders know that this is where they should be. Give them a vision to reach and enrich others lives right where they are.
I pray this in Christ’s name,
amen
We have confidence in the Lord concerning you, that you are doing and will continue to do what we command.
May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ.
Father, I praise you for your steadfastness. Thank you for being holy, pure and true. Thanks that you never stop being the way you are. Forgive us for the times when we aren’t steadfast in doing the things that are right. Forgive us for the good things that we know that we should be doing and don’t (whatever the excuse we give). Bring us to the place where we acknowledge your righteousness and strive to follow your commands.
Lord, I lift up the singles at Sun Grove. Thank you for their lives. Thank you that you know them and that you created them just the way they are. Thank you for the freedom that they have to serve you with their time. Help them not fill up their time with fruitless activities and distractions, but rather help them to find good things – Godly things to be filling their lives with.
I lift up the singles of Elk Grove and our community. It is so easy to feel lonely and to seek unworthy activities. Use that lonely feeling to draw them to you. Open doors for the singles ministry. Draw seekers as well as believers to want to be involved. I lift up the new leaders that you have for the ministry. I don’t know if there is any one that has come forward to lead the ministry or if you are just working in their hearts to bring them up as leaders. But I pray for them. Let those leaders know that this is where they should be. Give them a vision to reach and enrich others lives right where they are.
I pray this in Christ’s name,
amen

<< Home