Thursday, August 04, 2005

August 5, 2005

Jeremiah 33:2-3
"Thus says the LORD who made the earth, the LORD who formed it to establish it, the LORD is His name,
`Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'


Thank you, Father for being the God that created the earth and formed it!! Thank you for your promise that you will tell and do great and mighty things when we call upon you. Thank you that you are a God that listens to us and cares about us.

Forgive us for our lack of praying, forgive us for our lack of asking for you to move in our midst. Teach us to trust you. Teach us to act on the wonderful plans that you have for us. Teach us to see the good things that you have for us.

Thank you for the plans that you have for the future of our church and for the way that you will work it out. Lord, I ask that you give wisdom and discernment to the leaders as to the directions you have laid out.

Thank you for our leaders. Thank you for their willingness to be obedient to you. Give them wisdom in the direction both short and long range plans. Give them discernment in planning the services and activities. Help the leaders to hear what you have for the people of Sun Grove, where ever they are on a spiritual level. Use them to draw us to you. As you bring the needs of the SG people to their ears, answer their prayers! Teach them the wonders that you have prepared for them first so that they trust the directions that you are giving them for the church.

Give them discernment when dealing with the city and the future of the church property. Father, help them have faith and patience when needed. Help them to have boldness and vision when needed. Give the shewdness and business sense when it’s needed. Give them discernment to know the right and wrong paths that even in details like carpet for the new office space might glorify you.

I pray against those that might cause divisions and obstacles, whether on purpose or just because they want their own way. Make them ineffective.

There are so many areas where you are work I don’t know what all to pray for, but you know.

I do also ask for wisdom and discernment for the members of SG that we may know what’s needed in our part, that we might be willing and excited about those plans.

I give the future of Sun Grove to you,
In Christ name,
Amen