October 28, 2005
Isaiah 25:4
For You have been a defense for the helpless,
A defense for the needy in his distress,
A refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat;
For the breath of the ruthless
Is like a rain storm against a wall.
Father, you are my defense and my shelter in the time of storm. You are Holy and Marvelous and great beyond all measure. So I know that you are bigger than all my problems. I don’t always remember that though. I worry and fret. I seek my own answers and do not seek you. Help me in my unbelief!!
Lord, I lift up the sick at Sun Grove. I pray for that you touch their bodies and heal them. Give the doctors wisdom in diagnosing and knowing what treatment is needed. Touch the lives and give them the strength that is needed to withstand the sicknesses.
Comfort those that are grieving and who are facing the death of a loved one. Be their stronghold. Use the sickness to bring people to you. Teach us about our need for healing and forgiveness. Teach us patience and endurance through the illnesses that you allow to be in our lives. Open our eyes to the sickness of our souls. Help us to reach out to your for healing.
I also lift up the hurting, Father. You know our hearts and our needs. You know the hurts that we cause each other. Heal the hurts. Teach us about forgiveness and how that relieves the hurting. Teach us when to stand up for ourselves and when it is wise to be quiet. I especially ask for protection for the innocent. Do not let loved ones bring them harm. Defend and protect the orphans and the widows. Supply the real needs of those that are hurting.
I also ask for protection and healing for the hurting teenager who doesn’t know where to turn – those who think that their parents won’t understand what they are going through. You understand them. Bring someone in their lives who will be you to these teenagers.
Father, be with the older persons at SG that feel sick and tired all the time. Comfort them and be their strength. Help them to cling to you.
Teach us that you are not only ‘out there with the needy’ but that the needy are among us. Teach us how desperately we are in need of you.
In the name of the God who cares for us,
amen
For You have been a defense for the helpless,
A defense for the needy in his distress,
A refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat;
For the breath of the ruthless
Is like a rain storm against a wall.
Father, you are my defense and my shelter in the time of storm. You are Holy and Marvelous and great beyond all measure. So I know that you are bigger than all my problems. I don’t always remember that though. I worry and fret. I seek my own answers and do not seek you. Help me in my unbelief!!
Lord, I lift up the sick at Sun Grove. I pray for that you touch their bodies and heal them. Give the doctors wisdom in diagnosing and knowing what treatment is needed. Touch the lives and give them the strength that is needed to withstand the sicknesses.
Comfort those that are grieving and who are facing the death of a loved one. Be their stronghold. Use the sickness to bring people to you. Teach us about our need for healing and forgiveness. Teach us patience and endurance through the illnesses that you allow to be in our lives. Open our eyes to the sickness of our souls. Help us to reach out to your for healing.
I also lift up the hurting, Father. You know our hearts and our needs. You know the hurts that we cause each other. Heal the hurts. Teach us about forgiveness and how that relieves the hurting. Teach us when to stand up for ourselves and when it is wise to be quiet. I especially ask for protection for the innocent. Do not let loved ones bring them harm. Defend and protect the orphans and the widows. Supply the real needs of those that are hurting.
I also ask for protection and healing for the hurting teenager who doesn’t know where to turn – those who think that their parents won’t understand what they are going through. You understand them. Bring someone in their lives who will be you to these teenagers.
Father, be with the older persons at SG that feel sick and tired all the time. Comfort them and be their strength. Help them to cling to you.
Teach us that you are not only ‘out there with the needy’ but that the needy are among us. Teach us how desperately we are in need of you.
In the name of the God who cares for us,
amen

<< Home